Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Novel Nail Polish - Storybook Winter Collection

Press Sample

Today I have swatches of Novel Nail Polish's Story Book Winter Collection (http://www.novelnailpolish.com) I cannot even contain my excitement for this collection! I had never heard of thermal polishes until I discovered indie polish. I love, I mean LOVE, thermal polishes. They are so unique and eye catching with zero effort on the part of the wearer. But this collection... I literally can't even with this collection. All of them are filled with a gorgeous assortment of holo and iridescent glitters that are somewhat hidden in the cold transition of the polish, but are showcased in the warm transition. It is like these polishes have a wonderful glittery secret. And these colors! They are so bold in their cold transition, which makes the transition so amazing because the warm transition is so delicate and sheer. Just look at these macros:

I'm writing this from the grave, because these polishes killed me. 


I swatched this entire collection in two thin coats topped with Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish. The polish dried relatively quickly, so it is perfect if you are in a hurry, but still want an eye catching mani. This collection also transitioned very easily, which I just find lovely! 

On to the swatches!




Transitioning


"Sunny Dreams" is a cheery bright orange when cold to remind you of those warmer days during the cold winter months. It is filled with large orange holo glitter, small red holo glitter, and an assortment of iridescent glitter. 

Cold 

Warm

As you can see, the warm transition shimmers gold, which definitely reminds me of sunlight and warmth. 


If you're drooling already, you may want to get a towel because there are five more to go! 






Transitioning

"The Snow Queen" is the perfect name for this icy bright blue beauty. With its mixture of iridescent and holo glitters, this polish reminds me of falling snow, icicles, and Queen Elsa. Again, I am typically not a blue-wearer, but this made it into my top two favorites from this collection. I want a life-time supply of this beauty because I love it so much!

Cold

Warm

Just look at all that glitter! I just can't.

I could swim in this polish for eternity. 






 Transitioning

"The Long Winter" is a lovely teal polish when cold filled with gold, blue, holo, and iridescent glitter. The gold accents this color so perfectly! Another icy shade that reminds me of the way sunlight makes the snow shimmer! 

Cold

Another thing I love about this collection is the glitter depth that the cold transition provides. So gorgeous!

Warm

Mmm, holo!






Transitioning

"Sugarplum Visions" is a vibrant, dainty purple when cold filled with a variety of iridescent glitters as well as purple and gunmetal holo glitters. As you may have noticed in the picture, my bottle even began to transition in the warmth of the lights surrounding my lightbox. I just love how easily they transitioned. 

Cold

Warm

I love how delicate the warm transition is in this polish. The combination of glitter and the slight purple tint make it look like candy on my nails. 

Warning: fingernails are not edible despite how delicious they may appear. 






 Transitioning 

"A Spendiferous Winter" is a gorgeous deep magenta when cold packed with tons of iridescent glitter as well as some silver and pink holo glitter. When it transitions to warm it is distinctly reminiscent of cotton candy, at least to me! This is such a lovely, girly color!

Cold

Warm

Again, the urge to eat my fingernails is strong with this one. It just looks like delicious candy!

Nomnomnom!






Transitioning 

"Two Sizes Too Small" is a beautiful black polish when cold and is filled with iridescent glitter, silver and gold holo glitter, and some black glitter scattered throughout. This was my second favorite from this collection because I am a huge sucker when it comes to black polish. It's just such a classy color!

Cold

In its cold transition, it really reminds me of the night sky with all those gorgeous iridescent glitters! So lovely!

Warm

Again, I am at a loss for words, I just love this collection in its entirety!

I hope you have your credit card ready. 


Would I recommend this collection? Oh yes!!! To be completely honest, I already know that I want back-ups! This entire collection is so indescribably beautiful, and I certainly did not have anything quite like these in my stash. This collection is currently available for preorder as a full set or individually, and it is the perfect time to buy because Monica, or The Thermal Master as I will forever more refer to her as, has a discount code available to celebrate the reopening of her shop.
You can use discount code REOPEN at check out to receive 15% off your purchase of $15 or more. This collection releases on November 22nd, so if you cannot preorder you definitely need to mark your calendar!
You can make purchases from Novel Nail Polish here:
Or check out more swatches and keep up to date on sales and more on Instagram:


Alright, I am sure you are tired of hearing me swoon over this polish, but seriously, do not miss out on these!


No comments:

Post a Comment