Monday, December 8, 2014

Chick Pick Polish

Press Sample


Tonight I have some select polishes to share from a new indie brand called Chick Pick Polish (http://chickpickpolish.bigcartel.com)! If you love a good crelly or jelly, you will definitely want to stay tuned for these beauties!

Jellies and Crellies, oh my!

As always, all swatches are topped with the ever fabulous Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish! If you want to read my review of my vast Dream Polish collection or see the results of a wear test I did on Gem Glam Top Coat, you can click the link below!

On to the swatches!


We're going to start off with purple tonight because purple always trumps all in the spectrum of colors visible to the human eye.  

If you don't like purple, we can't be friends. 

"Aubergine" is a deep purple crelly, shown here in two coats. I truly love this shade of purple. Then again, there is no wrong shade of purple. It is so deep and squishy and would look great with nail art or as a stand alone. Just purple perfection!

I decided to whip together a quick glitter gradient to show off this purple, but I was off my glitter gradient game, so don't laugh:


It grows on me a little every time I look at it, but I still think I could have done better. 






Next up is "Muscadine Jelly." This is three smooth coats of red jelly, as the name would suggest. Another lovely shade that would go well on its own or as a base for some fun nail art. This would also look ahhh-mazing for a jelly sandwich, which I must try sometime soon! 


My subconscious yearning for snow has manifested itself in many a snowflake-centric mani lately, this is just the first of a few. I did some simple glitter placement with "Muscadine Jelly" just for funsies. 





This one is for you neon lovers out there! This is the appropriately and poignantly named "Neon Blue." This is three coats. I typically try to apply polishes thinly, and this was rather sheer in a thin coat, but as you can plainly see, it builds nicely. It is just such a bright and happy color! 


I kept it pretty simple (and possibly weird, I don't know, I was tired) with this one, choosing to do some glitter placement stripes using some perfect .08" hex glitter from Twinkled T.





Last but not least, we have the beautiful "Crimson." This was more of a deep red in real life, but it photographed a little berry-ish. Either way, this is two coats of gorgeous red crelly that is perfect for this season and all year for that matter. 

Again with the snowflakes. 

Here I hand-painted some fun snowflakes with acrylic paint over "Crimson." I just loved how Christmassy this turned out! 


Then, I wasn't ready to part with that one giant snowflake on my ring finger so I used "Crimson" as a base to do a candy cane water marble using Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish and "Snow Me White" by Sinful Colors. 




Overall, I'm loving these basic beauties. You can never have enough basic crellies and jellies in your collection, and these would certainly be perfect additions to any collection. If you are interested in what you have seen tonight, I have great news! These beauties as well as all the other polishes in Kari's shop are available for a limited time only for $6.00! That is such a steal for these gorgeous babies!
You can check out what Chick Pick Polish has to offer and shop here:
You can also follow Chick Pick Polish on Instagram! She is currently hosting a giveaway where you have four chances to win one set of seven polishes in either her neon or multichrome collections! Whaaaaat? Awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment