Sunday, December 21, 2014

Killer Queen Varnish - Christmas With Bing Collection

Press Sample

Today I have a lovely eight-polish Christmas Collection from Killer Queen Varnish (https://www.etsy.com/shop/KillerQueenVarnish) to share with you! What I love the most about Sommer's polishes is that she names them after songs! It's so clever! She makes gorgeous polish and these Christmas beauties are certainly no exception!


As always, I top all my swatches with Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish. I can never say enough great stuff about Vanessa's high-gloss 5-free top coats!

On to the swatches!


Let's start with my hands-down favorite from this collection: "Sleep in Heavenly Peace." This midnight blue beauty has a gorgeous holographic shimmer that you cannot see in this swatch. However, you can see it in the macro my pretties, so no worries!

Can I swim in this?

Oh, I forgot to mention one of the most awesome things about this stunner! This swatch shows one coat. Yes, I said it. Just one smooth coat, and it was not a generous coat either! It was somewhere between a thin coat and an average coat. This polish is perfection, just a straight up mic drop from Killer Queen Varnish, and it is definitely going to be a year-round wear for me.  





"Marshmallow World" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with micro matte white hex glitter, translucent white circle glitter, and matte white snowflakes. Here I have one dabbed coat over "Sleep in Heavenly Peace." Although this topper would look great over a variety of colors, I really loved how it looked over such a deep blue because it reminded me of how beautiful it looks when it snows at night here in good old West Virginia. 


I also really loved how "Sleep in Heavenly Peace" made the translucent circle glitter look silvery gray. The simple things in life make me happy. 





Gorgeous red jelly alert!

"Reindeer Games" is a red jelly with a subtle gold shimmer. This is perfect for holiday manis, but it would also be perfect for year-round wear. Here I am wearing two coats. 

Just look at the delicious gold shimmer! 





"Deck the Halls" is a clear-based glitter topper consisting of holographic red, green, and gold hex glitter. "Deck the Halls" is a perfect glittery compliment to "Reindeer Games" so here I used one coat on my index, middle, and pinky fingers, with an ornament accent nail using "Deck the Halls" for placement. If you are looking for a perfect Christmas glitter topper, you can stop searching because this beauty fits the bill. 

 Mmmm, glitter!





"Winter Wonderland" is a wintery light blue filled with silvery white flake glitter that leans more iridescent in the right lighting. Here I am wearing two coats. The shimmer was so subtle in this that I had a little trouble picking it up, but it is a little easier to see in the macro:


Again, this could easily be worn year-round and would be a great base for some nail art! 





"Mele Kalikimaka" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with holographic silver, pink, and teal micro glitter, holographic pink and teal circle glitter, holographic green triangles, and holographic silver and pink mini star glitters. What a party! Here I am wearing one dabbed coat over "Winter Wonderland." This glitter topper would be a fun addition to any mani!

Party time!




Wowza!

"O Fir Tree Dear" is a deep evergreen jelly packed with iridescent gold flakes, shown here in two coats. I don't know about you, but I just love jellies with flaky glitter in them! These gold flakes just catch the light in all the right ways! I wore this to work one day and got so many compliments about this polish! Everyone at work looks at my fingers because they know I paint my nails more often than any sane person should, but I digress. "O Fir Tree Dear" also has a great formula as flaky polishes go. 

Just look at all that flaky goodness!

No words do this flaky beauty justice, so just gaze at it in all its flaky glory!





"Happy Holidays to You" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with red, green, and white matte micro glitter, matte green and red hex glitter, and mini matte white stars. Here I have one dabbed coat over Sinful Colors "Black on Black." This is yet another perfectly Christmassy glitter topper from Killer Queen Varnish. I really love the mini star glitters! 

Yep, I'm dead. 


Overall, I totally dig this collection. All of the polishes have the excellent formula I have come to love from Killer Queen Varnish. This creative collection not only offers some clearly Christmassy glitters, but it also boasts a great deal of polishes that are perfect for year-round wear. 
If you have never checked out Killer Queen Varnish, now is the time to do it because Sommer is offering a 25% discount code until Christmas (12.25.2014)! Simply type CHRISTMAS in the discount code box at checkout to receive your discount. You can shop here:
You can also see more swatches and keep up-to-date with new releases and discounts on Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment