Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Lacquer Chic - Mint Polish

Press Sample




I am so super duper excited to share these Mint Polish releases from Lacquer Chic (http://lacquerchic.com) with you all today! I had never tried Mint Polish before Tiffany sent these beauties for me to swatch, and since I was at the start of a little bit of a water marble kick, I decided to put these babies to the water marble test!


I just can't even. I can't. 

And it is not just two of them that water marble perfectly, ALL THREE OF THEM DO! Ahh! That required caps lock because I just can't get over it! I used to avoid water marble like the plague, but now, I cannot stop water marbling all the nails!


I could seriously gush about how these three polishes reignited my interest and love for water marble, but I will save you the blathering and get right to the swatches! I topped all of my swatches with Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish



"Slumber Party" is a gorgeous hot pink creme that sent my camera into a bit of a frenzy, as most hot pinks do. Here I am wearing two coats that applied as smooth as butter! This color is so vibrant and lovely and looks fabulous as a base for nail art or on its own. 
My accent nail is a marble of all three colors that I will be sharing with you today. I did the accent nail over a white base, and I recorded the process for your viewing pleasure! 







"Paradise Found" is a lovely teal green creme shown here in two smooth and buttery coats. This is another lively color that is perfect for nail art or on its own. It is also important to note how complimentary these colors are of each other. They just look good together. 





"Let's Jet" is a perfect graphite colored polish with a subtle silvery shimmer. If you look at it in just the right light, the shimmer leans more rainbow than silver. It is a lovely surprise. This color would literally look perfect with any color! It was a close race, but this one came out on top as my favorite of the three. I just love black polish! 




I haven't been able to stop playing with these beauties over the past week, and here is one of the looks I created with "Slumber Party" and "Let's Jet."

Water marble forever! 

My chevron print nails were done with Twinkled T skinny chevron vinyls. My water marble nails were done over a white base and topped with "Fairy Dust" by China Glaze for some added sparkle. 
Here is a short video clip of how I did the water marble in this mani:







The long and short of it is this: these three Mint polishes are ahh-mazing! My favorite thing about them is how perfect they are for water marbling. They spread nicely and they are so easy to work with! In regards to normal application, the formulas are perfection. Easy to work with and perfectly opaque in two simple coats. 
You can pick these three beauties up from Lacquer Chic. If you have never checked Lacquer Chic out, let me give you a little background:
Lacquer Chic is an indie stockist, which means that they carry select polishes, some of which are exclusive to their website alone, from many different indie polish makers. This means that they are a perfect one stop shop for trying a variety of indie brands! 
You can visit Lacquer Chic's shop by clicking here:
You can also keep up with new releases and see more swatches by visiting them on Instagram and Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment