Sunday, January 11, 2015

EclecticGirls - Heart Day Duo and Hand and Nail Fizzies

Press Sample

Greetings! Tonight I have a review of EclecticGirls' new Heart Day Duo as well as their Nail and Hand Fizzies. EclecticGirls is a mother daughter team with as passion for nail polish, hand care, and most importantly, glitter!


The Heart Day Duo consists of a creme and a glitter topper. All swatches are topped with my trusty top coat, Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish. Now let's get to some swatches! 



"Is It Lust?" is a gorgeous deep dusty pink with a gold shimmer and micro holographic glitter. Here I am wearing two coats. The formula was great, and applied very smoothly. I really love this shade, it's subtle but lovely. 

So shimmery!

I went for some simple nail art to compliment this simple beauty:


I used "Black Heart" by Sally Hansen, kind of ironic since these are Valentine's Day inspired polishes, to create polka dots and chevrons. My chevrons were made with medium chevron vinyls from TwinkedT






"Is It Love?" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with small holographic magenta hex glitter, holographic silver hex glitter, and a mixture of pastel and iridescent pink and blue hex and square glitter.  Here I am wearing one coat over a Saran Wrap marble of "Mistletoe Kiss" and "Pink Storm" both by Joha's Love Nail Polish. 

Glitter for days!

I kept my design simple with a gorgeous little heart charm from TwinkledT






Kim of EclecticGirls also sent me some of their Hand and Nail Fizzies! If you are unfamiliar with mani bombs, they are like a bath bomb for your hands and cuticles. 


Cute, right?

Pictured above is one of the cute little hear-shaped Hand and Nail Fizzies. Some of the ingredients in the Hand and Nail Fizzie include: coconut oil, jojoba oil, Epsom salt, rose clay, and witch hazel. Kim also adds a little glitter to these cute little fizzles just for funsies. For $2.50, you get six fizzies, which is six uses. The scent is "Clementine Cupcake," which smells sweet and reminiscent to vanilla. 

Macro all the things!

I started with a bowl of warm water, and dropped one of these cute little hearts in. It dissolved quickly, and smelled super sweet. I soaked my fingers for just a few minutes, but my skin felt nice and silky once I removed them from the water and dried them off. 


Kim also sent me a bath bomb made of what appears to be the same ingredients as the mani bomb, with the exception of the larger chunks of Epsom Salt. This also dissolved quickly and left my skin silky smooth. It had quite a strong lingering smell once I finished with my bath. 



Overall, I really like this duo! It pairs a sophisticated and subtle beauty with a bright and fun glitter. The Hand and Nail Fizzies are a fun way to give those hands and cuticles a little bit of love. The Hand and Nail Fizzies are presently available in EclecticGirls' shop, and the Heart Day Duo will be available January 17th.

You can shop here:

You can keep up to date with new releases and see more swatches on Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment