Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Gothic Gala Lacquers - Pashmina and Cashmere

Press Sample

Greetings! Tonight, I have a gorgeous duo from Gothic Gala Lacquers to share with you!

I think I've died and gone to polish heaven.

"Pashmina" (top) and "Cashmere" (bottom) were created by Samantha, the mastermind behind Gothic Gala Lacquers, to be distributed to the press at the 2015 GBK Golden Globes Celebrity Gift Lounge via The Artisan Group. These two colors are so simple, yet so lovely and elegant! Since I have already started to gush, let's just get to the swatches, shall we?

All swatches are topped with my favorite top coat: Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish
Now, on the to the swatches!






"Pashmina" is a deep sapphire blue filled with a fine blue shimmer. In certain light, you can also pick up hints of pink and purple shimmer. Here I am wearing three thin coats, but you could probably achieve opacity in two generous coats. The formula was nice, and don't even get me started on the color. As someone who typically does not gravitate towards the color blue, I could absolutely wear this particular shade all day, every day. I just love how it shimmers!


I honestly could not stop taking pictures of this beauty, so here are a few more for your viewing pleasure:








"Cashmere" is a lovely pale gray filled with iridescent flakes that appear silver or purple, depending on the light as well as dark blue micro glitter. Here I am wearing three thin coats; however, this could probably also be opaque in two generous coats. "Cashmere" also boasts a nice formula, and is truly elegant in composition, which makes it perfect for wear on its own or as a base for nail art. Gray is one of my favorite colors, so this polish is beyond perfect for me. 


This macro reads a little darker than "Cashmere" is in real life, but you can see all those gorgeous little fakes and sparkles, which I love!







Before we get to some nail art, can we just talk about these bottles?


I honestly cannot even deal with how much I love these bottles. The actual bottle itself is a cute, little cube shape, and the applicator is about twice the length of most typical applicators. If you have never used a polish with a long applicator, you seriously do not know what you are missing because it truly makes application a breeze. Better yet, even with a long applicator, these beauties were still able to fit in my polish rack. 




To compliment these posh beauties, I wanted to go with a design that was simple yet elegant. To achieve this look, I used TwinkledT's spiral vinyls. 

"Pashmina" and "Cashmere" are a perfect match! 





If you haven't picked up on it yet, I am in love! These are must haves in my book simply for their versatility to be perfect for formal occasions as well as being edgy enough for everyday wear. Both "Pashmina" and "Cashmere" had nice formulas that were easy to work with. "Pashmina" was of a slightly thinner consistency than "Cashmere." However, "Cashmere," by no means, had a thick formula either, more like a happy medium. If you haven't checked out Gothic Gala Lacquers yet, you are seriously missing out! As for me, I am certain I need more of it in my life. 
To purchase "Pashmina" and "Cashmere" or any of the other polishes available visit:
You can view more swatches on Instagram:
Other social media:

2 comments: