Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lacquered Up - Love is in the Air Trio

Press Sample

Greetings! Today, I have Lacquered Up's new Love is in the Air trio to share with you. This trio consists of one shimmery jelly, one clear-based glitter topper, and one glitter-filled shimmery crelly.


All three of these polishes look great together, making this trio perfect for all those Valentine's Day manis!

As always, all swatches are topped with my favorite top coat, Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish! Now, let's get to some swatches!




"That's Amore" is a vibrant red jelly filled with pink shimmer. Here I am wearing two coats. The formula is a little thicker in consistency, but it was very manageable. This is such a bold red, and the shimmer is a lovely treat when it catches the light. 

Just look at that shimmer! 






"Smoochy is a shimmery bubblegum pink filled with fine holographic red and silver glitter as well as larger holographic pink hex glitter. Here I am wearing two coats. "Smoochy" boasts a great formula along with being downright adorable. This beauty is my favorite from this trio simply because it is so cute and girly! 







"Kiss N Tell" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with matte red, white, and pink hex glitter, and red heart-shaped glitter. Here I am wearing two dabbed coats over "That's Amore" on my ring and pinky fingers, and I did some @thepolishedokie-inspired glitter placement on my middle and index fingers. I used striping tape from TwinkledT to make the stripes. I turned my bottle upside down for several minutes before application to make retrieving the heart glitter a little easier, as larger glitters often tend to sink to the bottom. "Kiss N Tell" is Valentine's Day in polish form! So cute!

Too adorable...must avert eyes! 

I also wore this cute topper over "Smoochy," and it was equally adorable!






Lastly, I put all three of these cuties together in one Valentine's Day themed mani:


On my ring and pinky fingers I used "Kiss N Tell" over "Smoochy." On my middle and ring finger, I started with a base of "Smoochy," then I used TwinkledT's heartbeat maxi vinyls and applied a coat of "That's Amore." To really make the heartbeat design pop, I applied a coat of Dream Polish's Ultra Wax Top Coat to give it a matte finish. 
And because I must macro all the nails, here is a macro of one of my heartbeat nails prior to adding the Ultra Wax Top Coat:

<3





I'm giving the Love is in the Air trio a thumbs up! I love how traditionally Valentine's Day these three polishes are. Something I really love about this set is that they all work together and are complimentary of each other. 
You can purchase the Love is in the Air trio and other awesome polishes from Lacquered Up here:
You can also see more swatches on Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment