Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Urban Nail Art - Out of the Blue Collection

Press Sample

Greetings lovers of polish! Today, I have Urban Nail Art's Out of the Blue Collection to share with you!


The Out of the Blue collection consists of three glitter-packed sheer polishes: "Crabster," "Squid Ink," and "Royal G." What fun names!

As always, all swatches are topped with my favorite top coat, Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish
Now, let's get to some swatches! 





"Crabster" is a shimmery sheer blue polish filled with an assortment of matte white, black, and hot pink hex glitter in different sizes, matte white shard glitter, and matte hot pink square glitter. Although "Crabster" is sheer, it builds nicely and the formula is great. I really love matte black and white glitter in polishes!  

Just look at that blue shimmer!

I wanted to go for some simple nail art with this one, so I went for some studs and a charm:


I thought these were simple and fun! I used some black triangle studs and light blue square studs from Born Pretty Store. My sweet Hamsa Hand charm is from the nail art guru sisters over at TwinkledT






"Squid Ink" is a sheer black jelly filled with metallic circle, square, and hex glitter is a variety of colors, including pale purple, pale pink, dark blue, dark purple, and teal. Pictured here is three easy coats. The inky base of this polish also has a subtle holo shimmer, which you can see in the macro:

Mmm, glitter! 

I went simple again, with a sweet charm and some Swarovski crystals to compliment this inky beauty:


This awesome charm is called Dice and Rhinestones and is available from TwinkledT. If you look carefully, right above the light blue cube, there is a cute little star and crescent moon! Love it! My Swarovski crystals were from my Mani of the Month Box and were part of the contribution by Nails Redesigned. You can read my review of the Mani of the Month Box here:







"Royal G" is a very sheer purple shimmer filled with matte neon hex and square glitter in varying sizes and colors including pink, blue, orange, and green. Urban Nail Art suggests that this polish be worn over a base color, so here I have three thin coats of "Royal G" over a white base. As you can see, the color is still somewhat sheer. Next time I wear "Royal G," I will probably choose a purple base or possibly even black to reduce the amount of coats necessary. Despite the need for extra coats, I still think this is a very pretty polish! I especially like the neon glitter. 


To accent "Royal G" I did some simple stamping with Born Pretty Store Plate BP-13 on my ring and pinky fingers, and I added some Swarovski crystals from my Mani of the Month box to my index and middle finger. 


I thought the stamping looked like a fishnet, which fit the Out of the Blue theme in my mind. 





Overall, I enjoyed the Out of the Blue collection. My only wish would be that "Royal G" had a little bit more pigment in it, or that I had tried it over a darker base. My favorite would have to be "Crabster." I really loved the color and the combination of glitter as well as the name. Crabs make me giggle. 
If you like what you have seen here today and you live in Australia, you can purchase these beauties on Urban Nail Art's website:
If you are outside of Australia, don't despair! The lovely ladies of Urban Nail Art are looking into making their beautiful creations available internationally. In the meantime, follow Urban Nail Art on Instagram to keep up-to-date on possible availability in the future:

No comments:

Post a Comment