Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chaotic Glitz Polish - Black Label Collection

Press Sample

Greetings! Today, I have Chaotic Glitz Polish's new Black Label Collection to share with you! This collection consists of four polishes that are predominantly black. Now, I don't know about you, but I think black is a super classy color, and it my favorite color next to purple. This collection will be available on February 2nd at 3PM EST.


With the exception of the matte polish, all swatches were topped with Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish. Now, let's get to it!





"Matte About Black" is a gorgeous matte black polish. Here I am wearing one  generous coat. "Matte About Black" dries to an excellent chalkboard matte finish, which I absolutely love! Matte polishes are a weakness of mine! As with most matte polishes, be mindful of your brush strokes to minimize streaking. If you prefer to use thinner coats, this baby is opaque in two thin coats as well. The consistency of this polish is a happy medium, not too thick and not too thin. How sleek and classy does this look!? 


To protect the integrity of the matte finish, I used a textured polish to do some art with "Matte About Black" so I would not have the impulse to apply glossy topcoat. For my lettering, I used vinyls from Twinkled T's Love Sheet. The dots were done with a dotting tool. 






"Black Out" is a black jelly filled with silver holographic hex glitter is a variety of sizes.  Here I am wearing three coats for my desired opacity. This polish looks like a galaxy full of gorgeous stars. I turned the bottle upside down for a few minutes to evenly distribute the glitter before applying so I had no trouble retrieving all that gorgeous glitter. 

Mmm, holo!


For this look, I used star charms from Born Pretty store along with some dots in alternating sizes using "Gilver" by Vapid Lacquer. And because you must mattify all the jellies, I decided to apply Dream Polish's Ultra Wax Top Coat to finish off this look. I love how the matte top coat really intensifies the way "Black Out" looks like a galaxy. So gorgeous!






"Black Gold" is a full-coverage micro glitter polish filled with matte black glitter and holographic gold glitter. Here I am wearing two coats. There is something particularly mesmerizing about this polish that I just can't quite put my finger on. I honestly could not care less about football, but I think this polish would be super awesome for a Steelers-themed mani for any Steelers fans out there. It is just so sparkly and perfect!

Glitter for days! 


For this look, I used OPI's "Honey Ryder" along with some vinyls from Twinkled T's Love Sheet on my ring and pinky fingers, and some cute gold bows from Born Pretty on my index and middle fingers to accent "Black Gold." Truly though, these accents pale in comparison to the delicious gold and black heaven that is "Black Gold." 






"Little Black Book" is a black polish with a subtle scattered holographic shimmer. The holo is very evident in the bottle, but unfortunately I couldn't really capture it in direct sunlight or artificial light. Here I am wearing two smooth and easy coats. Holo or no holo, I love this polish. It looks as if it has a very fine silver glitter in it, which is lovely, and it positively shimmers in person. 



For this look, I used some chevron vinyls and a chainlink heart vinyl from Twinkled T's Love Sheet along with "Red, Red Wine" by Ooh La Lacquer to accent "Little Black Book." I love this mani for Valentine's Day. It's so simple and elegant, and the colors compliment each other so beautifully. 

I can't even. 






I am giving this collection a big thumbs up! I love the variety this collection affords with a matte, a holo shimmer, a glittery jelly, and a micro glitter. I think my absolute favorite is "Matte About Black" because I love a polish that dries to a perfect matte finish. You can't really beat that!
Remember this collection will be available starting tomorrow at 3PM EST. 
To shop, visit:
To see more swatches and keep up to date with new releases, visit Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment