Sunday, February 15, 2015

Joshik Polish - Selections

Press Sample

Greetings! Today I have some selections from Joshik Polish to share with you! Joshik Polish is a relatively new indie brand, based out of Chicago, Illinois, that offers a formula that is free of the five major toxins that are found in some mainstream polish brands.


All swatches were topped with Joshik Polish's Gel-Like Quick Dry Top Coat. This top coat dried quickly and had a gorgeous glossy finish. I experienced a bit of tip-wear within the first day of wearing this top coat on the manis that I wore for one day or more; however, it is important to note that I am very hard on my nails during any given workday. It is also important to consider that everyone's nail chemistry is different, so a top coat that is effective for one person may not be as effective for another. 
Now, let's get to some swatches!




"Groovy" is a purple creme shown here in two easy coats. I've never met a purple that I haven't liked, and "Groovy" is no exception. 


I wanted to play off the name a little, so I settled on some paisley print stamping done with Born Pretty Store plate BP-22 and "Dazzle" which is also by Joshik Polish. "Groovy" and "Dazzle" pair with a subtle elegance that I just love. 

Look how shifty "Dazzle" is!







"254" is a pink creme shown here in two smooth and easy coats. This is such a perfect girly pink!
Since I haven't mentioned it yet, all of the polishes I had the pleasure of swatching water marble beautifully! There is certainly something to be said for beautiful cremes that marble as easily as these ones do! 






"Glammy" is a deep, vampy purple shown here in two coats. "Glammy" is another gorgeous purple with a great formula. 


Here I used "254"and "Glammy" for a fun water marble. I topped it off with "Fairy Dust" by China Glaze for a little sparkle. I absolutely love these two colors together! 






"Passion" is a seductive red creme shown here in two coats. Red nails never go out of style and this shade is perfect for wear on its own or with some nail art. 


Still being rather obsessed with water marbling with these polishes, I created this petal marble using "Passion" and "Glammy" topped with a little "Fairy Dust" by China Glaze. 






"Dazzle" is a chameleon polish that shifts from green to purple. Here I am wearing two coats. This beauty is even more beautiful in person. You can really see the shift in the macro:

Hello beautiful! 


For this look I did some simple stamping over "Dazzle" with Born Pretty Store plate BP-19 and "Flawless" by Pure Ice. I love how subtle the leaves look over "Dazzle." So lovely!






I am giving these creamy beauties two thumbs way up! All five polishes had fantastic formulas that are the perfect consistency for water marbling. You can truly never own enough polishes that are perfect for water marble. 

You can shop here:


You can see more swatches on Instagram:


3 comments:

  1. Yet another brand I've never heard of! I love those watermarbles though...especially the Passion/Glammy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty new; her cremes are so lovely! Thank you so much! That is one of my personal favorites as well. I love how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of her either but boy are they pretty.

    ReplyDelete