Thursday, February 19, 2015

Vapid Lacquer - Candy Shop Collection

Press Sample

Greetings! Today, I have Vapid Lacquer's Candy Shop Collection to share with you! As an added bonus, I also have a fun birthday polish to share that was created to celebrate the maker of Vapid Lacquer's birthday! We'll start off with the yummy neon pastels that make up the Candy Shop Collection.

And I'm dead. 

All six polishes in this collection have a subtle holo shimmer to add to their pastel neon awesomeness! If you loved Maybelline's Bleached Neon Collection from last summer, then you will absolutely love these babies! They are brighter, they shimmer, and they water marble like a dream! But we will get to that later. 

All swatches are topped with a coat of Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish. Now, let's get to those swatches! 




"Bubble Gum" is a bright bubble gum pink pastel neon creme with a subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two smooth and easy coats for complete opacity. I love how vibrant and happy this color is! 

Look at that cute shimmer!






"Peach Ring" is an orangey peach pastel neon creme with a subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two coats. This really reminds me of peach rings, which makes me hungry! 







"Lemon Drop" is a lemon yellow pastel neon with a subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two coats. Again, I am strongly reminded of lemon drops, which then reminds me of Dumbledore, but I digress. 







"Rock Candy" is a lime green pastel neon creme with subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two easy coats. This shade is so bright and fun!







"Gum Drop" is a vibrant blue pastel neon creme with a subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two coats for complete opacity. Just like the rest of this collection, "Gum Drop" boasts an amazing formula. I love how this beauty is both a muted pastel and a vibrant neon at the same time. As SNL's Brian Fellows always said, "That's crazy!"







Last but not least from the Candy Shop Collection is "Lollipop." "Lollipop" is a bright, rich orchid pastel neon creme with a subtle holo shimmer. Here I am wearing two coats for complete opacity. This beauty certainly fits my "All purples are awesome rule." I love how creamy and pink-leaning this shade of purple is. 

Love that shimmer!





Now, before we get to the water marble of the Candy Shop Collection, let's take a look at the super limited edition polish that will be released alongside the Candy Shop Collection: 


"Birthday Bitch" is a muted turquoise creme that is absolutely swimming with green to gold and purple to gold color shifting flakes. At a distance these flakes even look coppery which makes this polish very reminiscent of turquoise jewelry. Here I am wearing two easy coats for complete opacity. "Birthday Bitch" is understated and classy while still being fun and whimsical. 

Flakes for days!






Um, is anyone else as in love with the entire Candy Shop Collection joined harmoniously together in water marble form as I am!? I topped this off with "Fairy Dust" by China Glaze for a little extra sparkle. 

Just. I just can't even. 

I am giving this collection the big thumbs up! I love how bright and fun these colors are, and they all had the wonderfully smooth formulas that are typical of Vapid Lacquer polishes. 
The Candy Shop Collection will be available for purchase in Vapid Lacquer's shop this Saturday, February 21st in the morning, MST. If you want to get your hands on these beauties I suggest you set an alarm because I foresee this collection selling out fast! If you are interested in "Birthday Bitch," you don't want to hesitate on that purchase either because once it sells out, it will be gone forever!

You can shop here: 


To see more swatches and keep up-to-date with new releases, check out Vapid Lacquer's social media pages:


2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, but Gum Drop is my fave. Also, I need Birthday Bitch in my life!

    ReplyDelete