Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Marley Marie Naturals - Aromatherapy Nail Polish Remover

Press Sample 

Greetings! Today, I have a quick little review of Marley Marie Naturals' Aromatherapy Nail Polish Remover Gift Set.


I think what intrigued me most about this nail polish remover was that it is nontoxic, contains no acetone or alcohol, is cruelty free, and is biodegradable. Marley Marie Naturals also prides themselves on using recycled bottles and packaging which I absolutely love, as I try to be as environmentally conscious as possible in my own personal life. 
These removers are oil-based and are enhanced with Vitamin E and essential oils for an aromatherapy experience while removing your polish. 
The directions for use state to first saturate the cotton ball. Then, allow the remover to soak into the nail bed by pressing firmly and massaging the nail for 15-20 seconds or until the color starts to lift. This second step is the most important. As these are gentle, natural removers, it does take a little extra effort. However, the soft, well-moisturized cuticles you have as a result make the extra effort and time spent worthwhile. It took me approximately twelve minutes to remove four layers of polish, including top and base coat, from all ten nails with just one saturated cotton ball. I also tested the removal of densely glittery polish, which I found required about the same effort that a diluted acetone remover would (think Target's Up and Up purple Strengthening Remover). 

Overall, I think this is a great product! Yes, removal takes more time, but you are using a safe product that does not have a noxious odor and it even moisturizes your cuticles and nail beds! How cool is that!? My favorite scent is, hands down, Orange Ginger. It smells so yummy! I never thought I could say that about a nail polish remover!

To purchase, visit:

You can also visit Marley Marie Naturals on Instagram and Facebook:

Instagram:

Facebook:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't try it for clean up because it does require a bit of effort for removal. I think you could add some to acetone to make it more gentle though.

      Delete