Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Doctor Lacquer - Scubaloha

Press Sample 

Greetings! Today, I have Doctor Lacquer's Scubaloha Collection to share with you! This collection consists of seven glow-in-the-dark pastel cremes and one glitter topper to compliment the set! Scubaloha is a portmanteau of scuba and aloha, and the entire collection is inspired by indigenous Hawaiian reef fish. How fun is that?


All swatches were topped with Gem Glam Top Coat by Dream Polish for a glossy finish. Now, let's get to these glow-in-the-dark beauties! 





"Lau'i Pala" is a pastel yellow-green creme polish. Shown here is two easy coats with a water marble accent nail created with "Lau'i Pala," "Kumu," "Lau Wiliwili," and "Nohu." This is one of my favorites from this collection. The color is so bright and summery and the glow is so gorgeous! This polish was inspired by the Yellow Tang. 







"Nohu" is an pastel orangey coral creme polish. Shown here is two perfectly buttery coats. This is such a perfect summer coral, not to mention that it glows in the dark which is such an awesome bonus! "Nohu" was inspired by the Scorpionfish. 







"Lau Wiliwili" is a pastel yellow creme polish. Shown here is two super easy coats. "Lau Wiliwili" was inspired by the Milletseed Butterflyfish and has a bright yellow glow. So fun! 







"Kumu" is a pastel pink creme polish. Shown here is two smooth and easy coats. "Kumu" is named after the White Saddle Goatfish and has a pale pink glow. Who doesn't love a gorgeous bubblegum pink? 






"Uhu Uliuli" is a pastel lavender creme polish. Shown here is two coats with a water marble accent nail using "Uhu Uliuli," "Hinalea Lauwili," and "Omilu." Named after the male Spectacled Parrotfish, "Uhu Uliuli" has a deep purple glow.







"Hinalea Lauwili" is a pastel green creme polish. Shown here is two buttery smooth coats. "Hinalea Lauwili" is named after the Saddle Wrasse and has a neon green glow. I absolutely love this shade of green!






"Omilu" is a pastel blue creme polish. Shown here is two perfectly smooth coats. "Omilu" is named after the Bluefin Trevally and has the most gorgeous electric blue glow. 







"Lauhau" is a clear-based glitter topper filled with circle glitter in a rainbow variety of colors. Shown here is two dabbed coats worn over the entire collection of Scubaloha pastels. As circle glitter is inherently heavy, some settling may occur. I turned my bottle upside down for a few minutes before application to make glitter retrieval easier. "Lauhau" is named after the Rainbow Butterflyfish and perfectly compliments the entire collection. 








Here is a look at the base I used to swatch "Luahau." For this look, simply paint half of each nail with a different color. This mani is so fun and easy, and it looks awesome in the dark!







The Scubaloha pastels water marble so effortlessly, so, of course, I had to do some water marbles with them! For my first water marble, I alternated warm and cool colors. On my index and ring finger, I used "Kumu," Lau'i Pala," "Lau Wiliwili," and "Nohu." On my middle and pinky finger, I used "Kumu," "Uhu Uliuli," "Hinalea Lauwili," and "Omilu."

Excuse me while I drool over glow-in-the-dark water marbles. 


I added some Twinkled T Paisley Cyclones to my alternating water marble for even more fun and topped it off with Dream Polish's Ultra Wax Top Coat. The Scubaloha pastels look so gorgeous matte!


YAS.






For this water marble, I used all the pastels together. They look so psychedelic together!

Glowing water marble FTW!


I added some Twinkled T Oval Cyclone Vinyls to this water marble for a totally hypnotic effect. 

I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN IN ALL CAPS. 






As you may have picked up on, I had a totally love affair with this collection! The colors and formulas are perfect, they glow in the dark, and they water marble so perfectly! I could literally rave about the awesomeness of this collection all day! 
The Scubaloha Collection is available for preorder at a reduced price now through Saturday, June 6th, and will officially be released Friday, June 12th at 9PM EST. You definitely do not want to miss out on this collection! 

You can shop here: 

You can also check Doctor Lacquer out on the following social media sources:

2 comments:

  1. Your water marbles are amazing. I am soooo jealous. I have tried and tried but totally suck at it. You go girl lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much! If it makes you feel any better, I used to be terrible at water marble! Haha. It took lots of practice. Polishes that marble well definitely help! :)

      Delete